A title by The School of Life. The school of life exists to improve your mental well being.
An honest and accessible guide to finding light in the darkest of times.
In a world that isn’t short of darkness, there can be few more urgent priorities than to spend time rehearsing for ourselves why life – despite all its challenges – still has so much to offer us; why there are still so many reasons to be hopeful.
- A highly relatable book that offers comfort and support in our darker moments, while guiding us towards an optimistic future.
- A tool to assist us in our search for a reason to be, the book is an eclectic collection of short essays on wide-ranging subjects, from an extraordinary encounter between Mick Jagger and an unfamiliar Jesuit priest to the escapism found in Iranian cinema.
- Challenging toxic positivity: this is a refreshingly honest and accessible guide on hopefulness for pessimists.
- Illustrated throughout with a vibrant mix of artworks, photography, illustration and full bleed chapter openers.
- Hardback | 197 x 145 mm | 228 pages | 41 colour and 11 B&W images