Embroider your own keepsake with this embroidery kit by FolkGlory.
Folkglory was founded by Salua Qidan an architect by training and designer-turned-heritage-researcher and explores the glorious folk traditions of the Levant showcasing the intricate techniques of costume-making.
This beginner kit includes everything you need to create a beautiful piece of art, with 3 patterns inspired by the rich heritage of the Huran area of Jordan.
No prior embroidery experience is necessary. This kit is perfect for beginners who want to try a new skill or for experienced stitchers who want to add a new design to their repertoire.
Contents of kit:
- Flyer explaining the origin of the Jordanian native dress
- Flyer explaining the origin of the Huran thobe & patterns
- 3 historic patterns from north of Jordan printed on paper
- 3 Aida, 11 count, embroidery fabrics - size: 8cm X 17cm
- 3 cardboard cards with envelopes
- 2 embroidery tapestry needles
- Embroidery yarn in 6 colours (DMC & Anchor Pearl cotton floss)
- Step by step embroidery instruction manual explaining how to embroider the special Jordanin raqme stitch.